T & U are for... (Christmas Days 21 & 22)

TRADITIONS
I've already done a post about our traditions on here before, but today I wanted to talk about a couple more, and my favourites.

My sisters and I have a mini Christmas tree in our room, as you would've seen in the catch up post, and every Christmas Eve we put the tree in the middle of our room and we use it as well as stockings for our morning presents. I love it because it's like a mini Christmas Day, and last year everyone came into our room, instead of us going into our parents room.

I absolutely love our Boxing Day tradition. I think it may be my favourite. It's just so lovely to get to see our whole family in just 2 days!! We always get up to so much fun, and there is a lot of laughter!! Last year, some of us were playing a game and then next to us, my Dad and his sister were doing some trivia questions, and don't ask me why, but they were apparently very funny questions!!

Another 'tradition' (it only really became a tradition last year) that's not very Christmassy, is our church New Years party. Last year was the first one and it was great!! We've had a couple of New Years parties with friends before, but it was so fun to have the whole church around. We started off with a service to celebrate the past year, then we go to have some food and fun. Then when it's really late/early some of us bundled up to bed in the rooms upstairs to 'sleep'.

UNDER THE TREE

 This year, my Mum was getting rather overwhelmed by the amount of presents she had to hide in her room (She has all my Granny's presents to us as well) so she decided to put some under the tree!! This caused quite a commotion as we normally only get to see them on Christmas Day. We normally go looking around the front at all the labels to see who they're for. It was quite hard to keep the little ones away to be honest!!



I love the look of presents under a tree. I must say, I think it's kind of odd that we decorate a tree in our house every year, and then put presents under it, but that doesn't mean I won't do it!!

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a stress free last couple of days before Christmas!!


Comments

Popular Posts