Book Review: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


I saw the trailer for this film a few months back and decided I had to read the book. Unfortunately I had 0 moneys so I decided to start my 30 day free trial and 1 book with Audible. (Side note: I absolutely love Audible!! If I had enough money I would genuinely keep it up.) 
I fell in love with this book. I'm very much of a book person and get very addicted if I get hooked on the story, which I did with this.  

Plot: Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Favourite Quote: "I will never, ever regret the things I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to."  There are many more, but they could give too much away.

My thoughts: I loved this book. It made me physically laugh and cry, and that doesn't happen all that often with books. The characters are fantastic, with such a diversity in each person. There are actually parts in the book that are written from other characters point of view which really adds to the effect. The development of the characters is great too. Both Lou and Will change a lot but it's done so well that the transfer is beautiful.

Should you read it? YES! Definitely. It's such a beautiful, heartbreaking story and it reduced me to tears, and surely that should be a good reference to a book right? You'll love it and then when the movie comes out in June we can all cry our hearts out all over again! :)

Thanks for reading and feel free to recommend some books to me! I'm always open to suggestions.     

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review Boo. Well written and enthusiastic. Was there anything you didn't like about the book - the characters or the way it was written?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like one bit in the book where it switches to her sisters view. I would've liked to hear Lou's own point of view at that point. Apart from that I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts