Life Update - August 2019

Hello there! I just felt like a having a bit of a read of my last couple of posts to remember where I was last year, and it's weird because the other day I was trying to remember what state of mind I was in last year and I honestly couldn't remember that much. I remember asking the youth leader at NewDay to pray for me, and what I asked her to pray for, but I couldn't really remember why I felt the need for that, but actually, reading that post I can see how far I've come in the past year.
Last year I was anxious about being vulnerable with people and doing things in large crowds alone, but in this past year I have gotten a part-time job, I've started leading worship regularly, and I regularly find myself in town alone, even on busy days.
I really enjoyed my last year of college too, I found myself making friends with more people, and although it still takes me a bit of time, I was a lot more comfortable around them.
Now I am working every week, Tuesday and Friday, and occasionally a full week if the other lady who works with me is off. I'm loving the freedom of having my own money, but I also enjoy the work, and the people who work there are really lovely too so that adds to the experience. Sometimes it can feel a little tedious and repetitive but I'm learning that that is just work and I have to deal with that. I know it won't be the job I'll have forever, and that feels a little scary when I think about it, but I enjoy it for now. (Although I do sometimes worry about the conversation I'll have to have whenever I decide to do something else!)
In terms of other things I'm doing in September, I honestly don't know. I'd like to develop my worship leading skills somehow, be that with a course or some other way. I have a sense at the moment that God may be leading into some form of leadership. I may be completely wrong and way off, but I'm up for looking into it and seeing where I can develop the skills I have in new ways, no matter how scary that may be!
This Tuesday is our first time going to Limitless Festival. I'll be in the YA with Phoebe, but for most of the time we'll be all together. I'm really excited and expectant to see what's going to happen and hear what God's got to say, as well as looking forward to all of the fun things they've got arranged for the afternoons, especially all the creative streams, I'm going to be in my artistic element!

Anyway, that's me signing off for now, I might update after Limitless Festival if I remember, but if not, I hope you have a fantastic rest of the summer! x

Comments

Popular Posts