Autumn in Lockdown

 Afternoon lovelies, I hope you're having a lovely day! Over here in Liverpool it's a dreary Autumn day, we've got a candle flickering and we probably should have the fire on as it's a bit nippy in here! We've hit the 8-month mark of being in lockdown, and honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about that, one part of me is just used to it by now, I expect nothing more and another just wants it all to be over so I can go to church again, and go and see my friends! 

Some good things have happened in lockdown though, I won't list them all, but one main one is that we got kittens!

Meet Prince Winston


and Alfie!


we got them in August, and they're so much bigger already, Winston used to be able to perch on my foot like a parrot! They are very much loved and I cannot imagine life without them anymore. It's truly like having toddlers in the house again, finding the mess and chaos they leave behind, and being so proud of the little achievements they make. We're now the Party of 12!

This week is half term, and we've been getting quite festive. I've had a couple days of work, and Jake doesn't work until the end of the week, so yesterday we had a family, which I don't think we've really done in a while. We're all getting pretty old now, Jake is getting married in 2022 (more news from lockdown!), and Phoebe is off to uni next year, so these days feel precious. We were supposed to be going out for a walk, we were all up and ready to leave by half 10 (an advantage of us all being older, we're actually ready when we plan to be!), and we even drove half an hour to Tatton Park, but the heavens opened and we decided we'd rather not pay £7 to get soaked, so instead we went home to carve pumpkins, bake a pumpkin pie, and play some games. It ended up being a great day, with somehow, very little conflict! 


I made my first ever pumpkin pie, using Cupcake Jemma's recipe. It ended up tasting like an autumnal egg custard because I used a fresh pumpkin, and I'm not sure it was the most flavourful, but I enjoyed it anyway and it was good to bake something other than cake!
Some of the others got busy carving some pumpkins, Phoebe even had a go at painting a little munchkin pumpkin, although I don't have any photos of it.





Then we played a game of Bohnanza, and a starter game of PolEconomy, which we're going to play a longer game of now. Overall, it was a lovely autumnal day, hopefully one that I'll remember for a while!

Thanks for reading, let me know your favourite thing about autumn, or something you love to do on a dreary day like today. Have a lovely day 😊
 

Comments

Popular Posts