PO10 Origin Story

I know in my last post I said I'd probably write more but as you can see, I haven't. Almost 10 months have gone by and there's still been no posts! But I've decided to keep this really low pressure now, and just post when I feel the urge. I am aware that not many people read this, it's pretty much just me, but I don't mind that because I like looking back at some of the stuff on this blog, it's like an archive of some really random memories, and some really important ones.
So why am I writing now, you ask? Well, as per usual, it's pretty much just boredom, but also I feel like I want to write about a thing that we're starting as a family really soon. We're doing a Youtube channel, starting December 1st and it's going to be called Party of 10. Over the past few years multiple people have stated how funny it would be to watch our family and we've always joked about having hidden cameras around the house and stuff but I don't think we ever really thought about actually doing something like that. That was until I started thinking properly about doing a channel. At first I was thinking it was mainly going to be me, with a few vlogs here and there featuring my family, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that my family is one of the most important things to me, and I believe that we have something really awesome that could be shared with the world. So, with the help of one of my friends, I came up with some ideas on how to make this a family thing, and then, I told my family. (I literally made them a PowerPoint, because I'm not very good at confronting people with things) I was really surprised with the response, I was expecting most of them to be a bit sceptical, but they were actually all really positive about it and up for it. Then we started thinking about our first video and content, which was a bit weird for me because this was something that I actually never expected to happen. My mind was whirring with ideas, we were thinking of names (Some of which were truly awful), and then I decided that we should do Vlogmas because that would give us a chance to get some content out there on a schedule that won't be our usual one, but it gives us a chance to work out which days work well for uploading videos and which don't, and there's plenty of Christmas themed videos to make (all of which I am VERY excited to make obviously!). I decided we wouldn't do the whole 24 days, as December is already a hectic month for us without having to film, edit and upload everyday, but I thought 12 would be more doable. This leaves us room to do some fun family videos, but also some individual ones too if people want to do them. It's almost December now, and there haven't been loads of individual people ideas, so it might be that we just do a family video once a week. I think we'll just see how the first week goes. Anyway I'm really excited about this, I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and a cool way to document some stuff that happens in our family.

I may or may not write soon, but until then, have a great life! xx

Comments

Popular Posts