Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

2016. What a crazy year. Totally not what I was expecting. When I look back at the beginning of the year, I realise I was ready for change, ready for something to happen. At the time I thought it was just going to be college and finishing homeschool, but that wasn't what God planned. When it came to moving, well I basically hated it. I didn't understand why there had to be such a big change. I could understand why it would help some of our family, but I couldn't see the point for me. I was really unhappy for about 3 months and without the help of some of my friends I think it could've been even longer.
Then things started to change. About a month into the move I realised it was okay. I was actually happy again. I had great friends in college that make me laugh, I had 2 homes that were welcoming and warm, and a God who knows what he's doing. I'm not going to lie, I still find it hard sometimes, but I know I'm okay now. Besides, not that much has changed. I still have the same friends and family, they're just a bit more spread out. 'Distance makes the heart grow fonder' as they say.
So,
Goodbye to a very unexpected year,
Goodbye to year of goodbyes and hellos,
Goodbye to a year of growing into who I'm made to be,
Goodbye 2016, you've been a rollercoaster!

Hello to a year full of endless possibilities,
Hello to a year of strengthening new friendships,
Hello to a year of getting to know my new home,
Hello 2017, I don't know what to expect!

Thanks to all of you for this year, it's been crazy right? Here's to 2017, let's make it a year of loving everyone equally, staying positive about ourselves and looking after our world.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts