Fun Things to do at Christmas Time

I love Christmas, it's just such a cosy time. It's a great time to put more effort into spending time with your family and doing things together.If you're like me then you love to do things with your family, but sometimes its a bit hard to think of things that you'd all love to do and that are relativley cheap, so here's a list of things that the family will love.
  • Baking. I love baking, and it's even better to do at Christmas and with other people. Just put some Christmas tunes, and have a festive baking boogie.
  • Carol singing . Wether walking round knocking on peoples doors, or going to a church service, this is a great way to feel festive. You only hear carols around this time so make the most of it.
  • Decorate. I know it seems pretty obvious but doing it together is great fun and you can make some great traditions. For example, we always listen to the Third Day Christmas album whilst decorating and when that's finished we listen to the Ally McBeal one.
  • Movie and Hot chocolate on Christmas eve. Last year we watched the Polar Express for the first time and had salted caramel hot chocolates (curtasey of me) before bed and it was really nice and cosy.
  • Making Christmas Decorations. Now don't look at this one and think 'oh, but I'm not creative, I couldn't do that!', you can do anything if you set your mind to it, and there are loads of really easy Christmas crafty things out there. It just really adds a touch of personal to Christmas to have things that you've made around the house, and they could be great Christmas presents!
  • Ice Skating. We have yet to do this at Christmas time, but I have been ice skating before and I fully enjoyed myself so I can imagine it's even more fun at Christmas time.
  • Go for a winter walk. Yes, it's pretty cold but you can wrap up warm and go for a walk through some woods or round a lake and just soak in the winter beauty.
  • Choose a tree. A couple of years ago we went out as a family to get our tree at a garden centre (we even got a free hot chocolate) and just spent the day looking round at the Christmassy things they had and it was really fun.

What are some of your favourite things to do at Christmas? Hope you're having an awesome December and I'll write soon x                                                                                  

Comments

Popular Posts